Be a Wild Bird’s ‘Airbnb’!
Please support your favorite small businesses with your patronage this holiday season. (And throughout the year, too!)
Shopping local, small businesses in your own backyard, benefits your entire community.
- Bird Baths, Fountains & Statuary
- Wild Bird Feeders & Accessories
- Wild Bird Houses
- Hummingbird Feeders
- Squirrel-Proof Feeders
- Wild Bird Seeds & Suets
- Wind Spinners & Whirligigs
- Corinthian Bells Wind Chimes
- Woodstock Wind Chimes & Bells
- Maryland Crab Decals, Flags, Hats & More
- Nature Books & Field Guides
- Rocks, Minerals & Crystals
- And more!
Area’s Best Rocks & Mineral Selection
For Local Sports Fans
Redskins, Ravens, Capitals, Nationals and Orioles!!! We have officially licensed flags, mini-flags and doormats.
Celebrating Our 30th Year
The Backyard Naturalist is the area’s largest and oldest independent retailer of products for wild birds and gifts for nature lovers of all ages! Proudly serving Maryland and the Washington, DC metro area for thirty years.
We are Maryland's first and only store to be awarded Droll Yankees' Five Feather Platinum Premier dealer status.
We take care of our feathered friends’ needs year-round:
Your Backyard Habitat
Every Backyard Can Be a Haven for Wild Birds
From The Backyard Blog
- Hummingbird Activity at Feeders is Peaking NOW!!Hummingbirds are bulking up for their migration! Now that nesting responsibilities are over, females and juveniles are out in abundance. Experience the joy of seeing an awkward juvenile discover your feeder for the very first time! See our resource page on Hummingbirds for more info on how to …
The Backyard Blog Archive
‘Best Of’ Montgomery
Thank you for voting us ‘Best Of’
MoCo’s Best Gift Shop
Montgomery County, Maryland!!!
Visit Us or Call
Or subscribe to our email updates:
Our emails are rare birds and fly in as seasonal reminders carrying noteworthy information. We promise their chicks will never hatch in your InBox.
Our mailing list NEVER migrates, so your info stays private.
For almost 30 years, we've had the same mission:
To inspire our community to appreciate and nurture the nature found in all our backyards by providing a sanctuary of food, water and shelter for wild birds.
Each of our backyard habitats contributes to the health and well-being of not only the individual visitors to our feeders and baths, but is also one more piece of habitat restored and connected to Migratory Flyways. As green space increasingly disappears due to development, our backyard micro habitats link together, backyard by backyard, across our county – our state – our country.