Shop Small November 25th Small Business Saturday
Please support your favorite small businesses with your patronage.
Shopping local, small businesses in your own backyard, benefits your entire community.
The Backyard Naturalist has gifts for all ages in every budget.
Rock, Mineral, Crystal & Fossil Specimens. . . we have the area's best selection outside the Smithsonian Gift Shop!
And we've just added more.
- Holiday Greeting Cards
- 2018 Nature Calendars
- Hand Painted Glass Wild Bird Ornaments
- Scented Soaps, Lotions & Candles
- Little Handmade Pottery Dishes
- Alice’s Cottage Kitchen Textiles
- Squirrel-Proof Feeders
- Bee Houses, Books and More
- Flowers for Bees, Birds & Butterflies
- Wind Spinners & Whirligigs
- Maryland! Crab Decals, Flags, Hats & More
- Rocks, Minerals, Crystals & Fossils
- Flags, Doormats & Mailbox Covers
- Wind Chimes
- Our Best Kids’ Gifts Collection Ever!
Made in the USA
Along with almost ALL of our wild bird feeders, bird houses and bird baths, here are more of our products Made in The USA:
Gary Starr Bird Ornaments
Yardbirds Junkyard Dogs & Cats
Adagio & Sienna Sky Earrings
Pottery Earring Holders
Clocks, Nightlights and Magnets
Swarovski Crystal Sun Catchers
And NEW! for local sports fans:
Redskins, Ravens, Capitals, Nationals and Orioles!!! We have officially licensed flags, mini-flags and doormats.
Celebrating Our 28th Year
The Backyard Naturalist is the area’s largest and oldest independent retailer of products for wild birds and gifts for nature lovers of all ages! Proudly serving Maryland and the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over twenty-eight years.
We are Maryland's first and only store to be awarded Droll Yankees' Five Feather Platinum Premier dealer status.
We take care of our feathered friends’ needs year-round:
Your Backyard Habitat
The BYN on Facebook
From The Backyard Blog
- Birds struggle to find food in devastated Caribbean habitatsOur wild birds need help. Birds that were feasting at our backyard feeders just weeks ago have migrated to seasonal habitats where their natural food sources have been decimated. As 150 species of migratory wild birds join the 500 native species in Caribbean habitats devastated by hurricanes, all …
The Backyard Blog Archive
‘Best Of’ Montgomery
Thank you for voting us ‘Best Of’
MoCo’s Best Gift Shop
Montgomery County, Maryland!!!
Visit Us or Call
Or subscribe to our email updates:
Our emails are rare birds and fly in as seasonal reminders carrying noteworthy information. We promise their chicks will never hatch in your InBox.
Our mailing list NEVER migrates, so your info stays private.