Come Join Our Team!
Do You Know Someone Awesome? Please Share.
As a friend of The Backyard Naturalist, will you help us connect with an awesome person looking for a new position? Thank you for keeping us in mind and taking the time to share this info.
The Backyard Naturalist seeks to fill a Part-time to potential Full-time Retail Sales Associate Position.
We are looking for an EXPERIENCED, MATURE, well organized retail sales associate, with excellent communication/people skills, and an ability to multi-task. Long-term commitment only. (This is not a seasonal position.) Reliable, hardworking, and flexible are the key qualities for this position. This could become a Manager position for the right person.
- 25-30 hours per week, with growth potential
- Cash register/charge sales (experience preferred)
- Weekend availability
- Some scheduling flexibility
- Team player; sense of humor a plus!
- Willingness to learn merchandising, buying, and marketing
- Educate customers about our products
- Maintaining of store cleanliness, inventory and displays
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs when needed. (50 lbs is helpful!)
- Must be fully vaccinated
- High school diploma
- Must have prior work experience with references!
- Retail/sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills are a plus
- Knowledge of wildlife helpful, but will train the right person
To apply, please visit the shop Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. to fill out an application. If you have a resume, please submit it along with our application. Serious applicants only, please.
Please help us connect with someone awesome by sharing this!