Our Recommended Hummingbird Feeders
We have definite preferences when we recommend Hummingbird feeders. Come by the store, we’ll show you our favorites and what you need to help attract Hummingbirds to your backyard; Feeders, poles and other accessories, Hummingbird nectar and more!
Droll Yankees Little Flyer and The Hummzinger Series are The Backyard Naturalist’s favorite, most often recommended and most popular Hummingbird feeders. The Hummzinger series includes the following styles: The Highview (featured above) The Highview Mini, The Hummzinger Fancy, The Little Fancy, The HummBlossom and The JewelBox Window Hummingbird feeder (the only window Hummingbird feeder with a built-in ant moat).
Why We Recommend These Hummingbird Feeders
What’s great about the Droll Yankees Little Flyer:
- Four Ports and Perches. Perches allow Hummingbirds to rest as they drink. This means they stay longer, and gives us amateur photographers a chance…
- Super easy to fill and clean. Simply remove the brass rod and lift off the cap.
- Built-in Ant Moat keeps ants from reaching the nectar (keep filled with water).
- Hang or Pole-Mount. Comes with brass hanger. Pole and adapter thread sold separately.
- Nectar Guard. Not included, but we recommend adding it to keep bees out!
- Design and Quality. UV-stabilized, unbreakable polycarbonate won’t yellow with age.
- Hummingbirds LOVE THEM!!!
What’s great about the Hummzinger Series:
- Fast & Easy to Clean The bright red cover attracts Hummingbirds from a distance and is easily removed so the bowl can be cleaned quickly and thoroughly.
- The Perch!
- Insect Resistance. The design helps keep out flying and crawling insects. Built-in ant moats keeps ants OUT of your nectar. Aspect’s Nectar Guard Tips slip on easily and create a barrier flying insects can’t penetrate! A very useful add-on accessory!
- Quality. Constructed of unbreakable polycarbonate.
- Hummingbirds LOVE THEM!!!
Handheld Hummingbird Feeders
If you want a super-duper can’t-get-any-closer-than-this view of your Hummingbirds, try one of these handheld feeders. Kids love them and they’re super easy to fill and clean.
‘Hummer Rings’ Hummingbird Nectar Rings
First, let Hummingbirds become acclimated to the feeder by placing it in planter or flower pot. Then extend your arm and stand still to invite Hummingbirds to feed from your hand!
The Rings hold about 0.3oz/10 milliliters of nectar and are quick and simple to fill. Just lift the lid from the base. Cleaning is also super simple! Lift the cap off the base and put it in the top rack of your dishwasher. Made in the USA.
Nectar Dots are the best handheld hummingbird feeders. Easy to fill and clean. Made of BPA Free and FDA compliant food safe polypropylene in the USA.
See our Hummingbird Food & Accessories here for other Hummingbird-related products, including:
- Hummingbird ‘Fast Food’ – Nectar ready-to-use.
- Easy Mix Clear Nectar
- Super Shaker Nectar Mixers Combine Easy Mix and water. Shake!
– Just add water.
Hummingbird Feeder Accessories
- Ant Moats – Keeps the ants away from your feeder nectar.
- Aspects Nectar Guards – Unlike other products on the market, these WORK really well to keep bees out.
- The Hummingbird Swing – Gives Hummers a place to perch while waiting their turn at your feeder.
Creating a Hummingbird Haven in Your Backyard
- ‘Hummingbird Haven’ seed packets. Grow the flowers they seek!
- Hummingbird Nesting Material – Give nesting Hummingbirds a convenient incentive.
Learn More About Attracting Hummingbirds
Want to know more about Hummingbirds and find a recipe for Making Your Own Hummingbird Nectar? See our Hummingbird resource page for tips for Feeding Hummingbirds and attracting them to your backyard.