Our shelves are stocked with the latest and best birding and nature field guides available today. Whether you’re a junior birder, beginner or an old pro, we will help you select the right book for you.
When asked for a field guide recommendation, we always say, “Find one that sings to you!”. The right field guide will be your best friend.
Here are just a few of our trusty favorites:
(For children’s guides, see our Junior Birders’ page.)
- National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern North America – Jon Dunn, Jonathan K. Alderfer and Paul Lehman *
*This is our personal favorite, but another one might be the right one for you.
- Sibley Field Guide to Birds of North America
- Peterson’s Field Guide to Birds of Eastern and Central North America
- Stokes Field Guide to Warblers – Donald and Lillian Stokes
- Sibley’s Warblers of Eastern North America (folding guide) – David Sibley
- The Warbler Guide (Princeton Press) – Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle
- A Field Guide to Warblers of North America (Peterson Field Guides) – Kimball Garrett, Jon Dunn and Roger Tory Peterson
- The Young Birder’s Guide to Birds of North America (Peterson Field Guides) – Bill Thompson III
Excellent for junior birders.