Grow the Next Generation of Backyard Naturalists!
Here are three basics we recommend to help and inspire young bird watchers:
a field guide, binoculars and a wild bird feeder or bird house.
The Young Birder’s Guide to Birds of North America
An excellent Peterson Field Guide written for kids.
- Covers 300 of the most common birds in all of the United States and Canada
- Loaded with color photographs and drawings
- Range maps & fun facts.
- Authoritative information about each bird, its vocalizations, and its habitat.
Super 40T Binoculars 3X40mm with Carry Case & Strap
Powerful binoculars designed and scaled for kids.
Translucent red, 3 x 40 mm binoculars made in Italy measure 5.5 inches in length and are designed for smaller folks… These are some serious FUN and inexpensive!
Comes with a translucent carry case and lanyard strap. And we love this detail: All four lens covers are tethered to the body, so they can’t be lost!
Droll Yankees Bird Lovers Feeder Series
Entry-level feeders to get kids excited about feeding wild birds.
Droll Yankees Observer Window Feeder brings the action even closer.
The Backyard Naturalist carries the full line of Droll Yankees feeders and we are happy to help find just the right one for you.
Build a Wren House Kit
- Build your own Wren house and host a Wren or even a Chickadee or Titmouse family in the Spring!
- Comes with easy assembly instructions.
- Metal hanging cable.